Now that spring is here and summer’s just around the corner, your lawn is going to need regular hydration to keep it lush and green. You don’t want to get into the heat of the summer and discover that a root has grown through the sprinkler line or that some of your sprinkler heads need to be replaced. It’s the perfect time to do a complete inspection and address any potential problems before you really need the system to work. Here are some of the things that you can do to determine if you need your lawn irrigation system serviced.
- Check your controller — Make certain the settings are correct and haven’t been modified since last summer. You may also want to replace the battery backup.
- Check your sprinkler heads — Sprinkler heads can easily get clogged with dirt, which can harden during the winter months. Remove all dirt and other debris from your sprinkler heads.
- Repair or replace parts, if necessary — Look for broken or worn nozzles, pipes, valves or other parts. You can replace many of these parts yourself, but we are happy to help.
- Check for leaks — Inspect the valves to make certain they are working properly and are not leaking. Open the valve slowly when you first turn on the water to avoid any damage that might be caused by a water surge.
- Make certain your water pressure is within acceptable range — Your water pressure should be between 40 and 65 PSI. If it’s below that, you may have a leak somewhere.
Public Service Plumbers
5610 Dyer Street
Dallas, Texas 75206
We offer plumbing installation and repair services to individuals and businesses throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area, including Highland Park, University Park, Preston Hollow, Lakewood, Lake Highlands, Richardson, Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Allen, Coppell, Garland, Mesquite, Addison, Kessler Park, Farmers Branch, Grapevine, Southlake, Flower Mound and Lewisville.