Tips to Prevent Outdoor Plumbing Problems This Year
If you’re like most of us, you’ve probably had the water turned off to any outside spigots or fixtures for the last few months. Now that it’s starting to warm up, it’s time to get everything up and running and to make certain you don’t have any concerns looming for the summer. Here’s a checklist to help you address all the potential outdoor plumbing issues:
- Check all sprinklers and sprinkler heads — Make certain they are tightly fastened and that there are no leaks or cracks. Replace, if necessary.
- Examine all hose bibs and faucets — Look for leaks or rust—anything that may impact their ability to regulate the flow of water. You can lose a lot of water in a hurry with a broken or leaking faucet.
- If you have a pool — Run the pump and make certain it cycles as it should. Check the seal around the filter and replace all necessary filters.
- Clean all gutters and outside drains, so that you don’t have water back up anywhere
- Inspect your plumbing vent pipes — This is actually an internal and external checklist item. Unfortunately, birds can often consider a plumbing vent pipe as the perfect place for a nest. If that happens, you can get a buildup of dangerous gases in your home.
Contact Public Service Plumbers
To learn how we can help you, call (214) 753-4633 or contact us by e-mail and we’ll schedule an appointment.
At Public Service Plumbers, we answer our phones 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We can send our service personnel to your home or business anytime, day or night. All of our plumbers are factory-trained and factory-certified.
Public Service Plumbers
5610 Dyer Street
Dallas, Texas 75206
We offer plumbing installation and repair services to individuals and businesses throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area, including Highland Park, University Park, Preston Hollow, Lakewood, Lake Highlands, Richardson, Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Allen, Coppell, Garland, Mesquite, Addison, Kessler Park, Farmers Branch, Grapevine, Southlake, Flower Mound and Lewisville.